- An uneasy feeling about the propriety or rightness of a course of action.
- A sudden disturbing feeling.
- A sudden feeling of sickness, faintness, or nausea.
- Illness; disease; pestilence; plague.
- A sudden attack of illness; a turn of faintness or suffering; a throe or throb of pain.
- Especially, a sudden fit or seizure of sickness at the stomach; a sensation of nausea.
- A scruple or twinge of conscience; compunction; uneasiness.
- The boding cry of a raven.
- To be sick; suffer from qualms.
- To cause pain or qualms.
- Sickness; disease; pestilence; death.
- A sudden attack of illness, faintness, or pain; an agony.
- Especially, a sudden sensation of nausea.
- A prick or scruple of conscience; uneasiness of conscience; compunction.
- <xref>Mortality</xref>; <xref>plague</xref>; <xref>pestilence</xref>.
- A <xref>calamity</xref> or <xref>disaster</xref>.
- uneasiness about the fitness of an action
- a mild state of nausea