- A state of uncertainty or perplexity. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> predicament</strong>.
- A state of difficulty or perplexity; a state of uncertainty, hesitation, or puzzlement; a pickle; a predicament.
- To put into a quandary; bring into a state of uncertainty or difficulty.
- To be in a difficulty or uncertainty; hesitate.
- A state of difficulty or perplexity; doubt; uncertainty.
- To bring into a state of uncertainty, perplexity, or difficulty.
- A state of not knowing what to <xref>decide</xref>; a state of <xref>difficulty</xref> or <xref>perplexity</xref>; a state of <xref>uncertainty</xref>, <xref>hesitation</xref> or <xref>puzzlement</xref>; a <xref>pickle</xref>; a <xref>predicament</xref>.
- A <xref>dilemma</xref>, a difficult <xref>decision</xref> or <xref>choice</xref>.
- state of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options
- a situation from which extrication is difficult especially an unpleasant or trying one