- An operator that limits the variables of a proposition, as <em>some</em> or <em>all.</em>
- A word or other constituent that expresses a quantity or contrast in quantity, as <em>some, all,</em> or <em>many.</em>
- A <xref>word</xref>, such as <xref>all</xref> or <xref>many</xref>, that expresses a <xref>quantity</xref>
- The <xref>operator</xref>, represented by either of the symbols <xref>∀</xref> (<xref>universal quantifier</xref>) or <xref>∃</xref> (<xref>existential quantifier</xref>), used in <xref>predicate calculus</xref> to indicate the degree that <xref>predicate</xref> is true for a specified <xref>set</xref>.
- A symbol or symbols in a <xref>regular expression</xref> indicating the number of <xref>characters</xref> to be matched.
- (logic) a word (such as `some' or `all' or `no') that binds the variables in a logical proposition
- (grammar) a word that expresses a quantity (as `fifteen' or `many')