- The offensive backfield player whose position is behind the line of scrimmage and who usually calls the signals for the plays and receives the ball when snapped.
- To direct the offense of.
- To lead or direct the operations of.
- To play quarterback.
- an <xref>offensive back</xref> whose primary job is to pass the ball in a <xref>play</xref>
- to play the position of quarterback
- to lead the offense
- play the quarterback
- (football) the person who plays quarterback
- (American football) the position of the football player in the backfield who directs the offensive play of his team