- One fourth of something, especially of some weights and measures.
- A loaf of bread weighing about 4 pounds (1.81 kilograms).
- A fourth part; a quarter.
- Specifically The fourth part of certain British measures.
- The fourth of a peck, or of a stone.
- A quarter of a pound.
- A quarter. Specifically: (a) The fourth part of a pint; a gill. (b) The fourth part of a peck, or of a stone (14 ibs.).
- A loaf of bread weighing about four pounds; -- called also <altname>quartern loaf</altname>.
- A <xref>quarter</xref> part; one fourth.
- A <xref>loaf</xref> of <xref>bread</xref> weighing about four <xref>pounds</xref>.
- one of four equal parts