- The value of the boundary at the 25th, 50th, or 75th percentiles of a frequency distribution divided into four parts, each containing a quarter of the population.
- In <em>astrology</em>, an aspect of planets when their longitudes differ by 90°. See <internalXref urlencoded="aspect">aspect</internalXref>, 7.
- That point on a frequency-curve above or below which one fourth of the total number of cases are found.
- Involving an angular distance of 90°.
- Same as <xref urlencoded="quadrate">quadrate</xref>.
- Any of the three <xref>points</xref> that divide an <xref>ordered</xref> <xref>distribution</xref> into four parts, each containing a <xref>quarter</xref> of the <xref>population</xref>.
- Any one of the four groups so divided.
- (statistics) any of three points that divide an ordered distribution into four parts each containing one quarter of the scores