- A primitive hand-turned grain mill.
- A stone hand-mill for grinding grain.
- The old hand-mill, or <em>quern</em>, such as Pennant sketched the Hebrides women grinding with in the last century, has not yet gone out; Dr. Mitchell says there are thousands of them at work in Scotland, where still
- A hand-mill used for grinding pepper, mustard, and the like. Such querns were used even on the table, and as early as the sixteenth century.
- To grind.
- A mill for grinding grain, the upper stone of which was turned by hand; -- used before the invention of windmills and watermills.
- A <xref>mill</xref> for grinding <xref>corn</xref>, especially a hand-mill made of two circular stones
- To <xref>grind</xref>.
- a primitive stone mill for grinding corn by hand