- The act of reviving or animating.
- The time of pregnancy when the fetus is first felt to be quick.
- The act or process of making or of becoming quick.
- The first motion of the fetus in the womb felt by the mother, occurring usually about the middle of the term of pregnancy. It has been popularly supposed to be due to the fetus becoming possessed of independent life.
- Present participle of <xref>quicken</xref>.
- The action of bringing someone or something to <xref>life</xref>.
- The first noticable <xref>movements</xref> of a <xref>foetus</xref> during <xref>pregnancy</xref>, or the period when this occurs.
- <xref>Stimulation</xref>, <xref>excitement</xref> (of a feeling, emotion etc.).
- the process of showing signs of life
- the act of accelerating; increasing the speed
- the stage of pregnancy at which the mother first feels the movements of the fetus