- Quiet, still, or inactive. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> inactive</strong>.
- Characterized by an absence of upheaval or discord.
- Having little or no sunspot activity.
- Resting; being in a state of repose; still; not moving: as, a <em>quiescent</em> body or fluid.
- In <em>philology</em>, silent; not sounded; having no sound: as, a <em>quiescent</em> letter.
- In <em>biology</em>, physiologically inactive or motionless; resting, as an insect in the chrysalis state, or an encysted amœba.
- In <em>philology</em>, a silent letter.
- A silent letter.
- Being in a state of repose; at rest; still; not moving.
- Not ruffed with passion; unagitated; not in action; not excited; quiet; dormant; resting.
- Not sounded; silent.”
- <xref>Inactive</xref>, at rest, <xref>quiet</xref>.
- (pathology) causing no symptoms
- not active or activated
- being quiet or still or inactive
- marked by a state of tranquil repose