- The art or craft of making decorative designs out of thin strips of rolled paper.
- A narrow bordering of net, lace, or ribbon plaited so as to resemble a row of quills.
- A band of linen, muslin, or the like, fluted, folded, or plaited so as somewhat to resemble a row of quills.
- One of the rounded plaits or flutings of such a band.
- the art of creating <xref>decorative</xref> <xref>designs</xref> from thin strips of curled paper
- a band of <xref>fluted</xref> <xref>muslin</xref> resembling a row of <xref>quills</xref>