- One who quilts; one who makes quilting.
- An attachment to sewing-machines for executing quilting upon fabrics.
- One who, or that which, quilts.
- A person whose <xref>hobby</xref> or <xref>profession</xref> is making <xref>quilts</xref>.
- A person who uses a hand or machine <xref>stitch</xref> to decorate a <xref>quilt</xref>, or to <xref>sew</xref> together the layers of a quilt.
- A person who performs the entire process of making a patchwork quilt, whether or not it is decorated with quilting stitches.