- Caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuit of unreachable goals; idealistic without regard to practicality.
- Capricious; impulsive.
- Pertaining to or resembling Don Quixote, the hero of Cervantes's celebrated romance of that name; hence, extravagantly or absurdly romantic; striving for an unattainable or impracticable ideal; characterized by futile self-devotion; visionary.
- Like Don Quixote; romantic to extravagance; prone to pursue unrealizable goals; absurdly chivalric; apt to be deluded. See also <xref urlencoded="quixotism">quixotism</xref>.
- Like the deeds of Don Quixote; ridiculously impractical; unachievable; extravagantly romantic; doomed to failure.
- Possessing or acting with the desire to do <xref>noble</xref> and <xref>romantic</xref> deeds, without thought of realism and practicality.
- Like Don Quixote; romantic to extravagance; absurdly <xref>chivalric</xref>; apt to be deluded.
- not sensible about practical matters; idealistic and unrealistic