- The minimal number of officers and members of a committee or organization, usually a majority, who must be present for valid transaction of business.
- A select group.
- The minimal density of bacterial cells that results in altered gene expression in a population of bacteria.
- In England, those justices of the peace whose presence is necessary to constitute a bench.
- The number of members of any constituted body of persons whose presence at or participation in a meeting is required to render its proceedings valid, or to enable it to transact business legally.
- Requisite materials.
- Such a number of the officers or members of any body as is competent by law or constitution to transact business
- The <xref>minimum</xref> number of <xref>members</xref> <xref>required</xref> for a group to officially conduct <xref>business</xref> and to cast <xref>votes</xref>, often but not necessarily a <xref>majority</xref> or <xref>supermajority</xref>.
- A <xref>selected</xref> body of persons.
- a gathering of the minimal number of members of an organization to conduct business