- A long scarf worn over the head and shoulders chiefly by Mexican women.
- A shawl or long scarf worn by Mexican and other Spanish-American women, covering the head and shoulders, and sometimes part of the face, one end being thrown over the left shoulder; a kind of mantilla. Also written <em>reboso, rebosa</em>, and <em>ribosa.</em>
- A kind of mantilla worn by women over the head and shoulders, and sometimes over part of the face.
- A <xref>woman</xref>'s <xref>garment</xref> of <xref>Mexico</xref>, a rectangular piece of fabric worn as a <xref>scarf</xref> or <xref>shawl</xref> and sometimes used to carry children or goods.
- a long woolen or linen scarf covering the head and shoulders (also used as a sling for holding a baby); traditionally worn by Latin-American women