- One of the stiff main feathers of a bird's tail, used to stabilize the bird while in flight and to control its direction.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="rectoress">rectoress</internalXref>.
- In <em>ornithology</em>, a tail-feather; one of the long or large quill-feathers of a bird's tail: so called from its use in directing or steering the course of a bird in flight, like a rudder.
- A governess; a rectoress.
- One of the quill feathers of the tail of a bird.
- A <xref>governess</xref>; a <xref>rectoress</xref>.
- A <xref>flight feather</xref> on the tails of birds, used for directional control.