- Bent or turned downward or backward.
- In <em>botany</em>, bent abruptly backward: said of petals, sepals, leaf-veins, etc.
- In <em>zoology</em>, bent back or up; reflex.
- In <em>heraldry</em>, curved twice: same as <internalXref urlencoded="bowed">bowed</internalXref>, but applied especially to the chain secured to the collar of a beast, which often takes an S-curve. Also <internalXref urlencoded="reflected">reflected</internalXref>.
- Bent backward or outward.
- Simple past tense and past participle of <xref>reflex</xref>.
- <xref>turned</xref> <xref>backwards</xref>
- (of leaves) bent downward and outward more than 90 degrees