- A flowing back; ebb.
- Backflow, as of gastric acid into the esophagus.
- The process of refluxing.
- To boil (a liquid) in a vessel attached to a condenser so that the vapors continuously condense for reboiling.
- To be boiled in such a way.
- A flowing back: as, the flux and <em>reflux</em> of the tides.
- Returning, or flowing back; reflex.
- A flowing back, as the return of a fluid; ebb; reaction.
- the <xref>backwards</xref> <xref>flow</xref> of any <xref>fluid</xref>
- a technique, using a <xref>reflux condenser</xref>, allowing one to <xref>boil</xref> the contents of a vessel over an extended period
- To <xref>boil</xref> a liquid in a vessel having a reflux condenser
- an abnormal backward flow of body fluids
- the outward flow of the tide