- An answer, especially to a reply.
- To make a reply.
- An answer to a reply; in general, an answer.
- In <em>law</em>, the fourth stage in the pleadings in an action at common law, being the defendant's answer to the plaintiff's replication. The next allegation of the plaintiff is called <internalXref urlencoded="surrejoinder">surrejoinder</internalXref>.
- To make a rejoinder.
- An answer to a reply; or, in general, an answer or reply.
- The defendant's answer to the plaintiff's replication.
- defendant's answer to the replication.
- A quick <xref>response</xref> that involves disagreement or is witty; especially an answer to a reply.
- To issue a rejoinder.
- To say as a rejoinder.
- a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one)
- (law) a pleading made by a defendant in response to the plaintiff's replication