- To restore to youthful vigor or appearance; make young again.
- To restore to an original or new condition.
- To stimulate (a stream) to renewed erosive activity, as by uplift of the land.
- To develop youthful topographic features in (a previously leveled area).
- To restore the appearance, powers, or feelings of youth to; make as if young again; renew; refresh.
- Of a stream, to increase its gradient, and with this, its velocity and erosive power, so that its effectiveness and apparent youth are renewed. This result is produced by the uplifting of a region which has been notably reduced by the erosion of the streams which continue to occupy it.
- Of a region, to again impress the characters of youthful topography upon (it) when it is well advanced in its erosion cycle. This effect is dependent upon rejuvenation of the streams.
- To render young again.
- To render <xref>young</xref> again.
- return to life; get or give new life or energy
- become young again
- cause (a stream or river) to erode, as by an uplift of the land
- develop youthful topographical features
- make younger or more youthful