- To give up or abandon (control of something or a claim, for example).
- To put aside or desist from (something practiced, professed, or intended); stop doing or adhering to.
- To let go; surrender.
- To cease holding physically; release.
- To give up the possession or occupancy of; withdraw from; leave; abandon; quit.
- To cease from; give up the pursuit or practice of; desist from: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="relinquish">relinquish</internalXref> bad habits.
- To renounce a claim to; resign:-as, to <internalXref urlencoded="relinquish">relinquish</internalXref> a debt.
- To withdraw from; to leave behind; to desist from; to abandon; to quit.
- To give up; to renounce a claim to; resign.
- To <xref>give up</xref>, <xref>abandon</xref> or <xref>retire</xref> from something.
- To <xref>let go</xref> (free, away), physically <xref>release</xref>.
- To metaphorically <xref>surrender</xref>, <xref>yield</xref> <xref>control</xref> or <xref>possession</xref>.
- To <xref>accept</xref> to give up, <xref>withdraw</xref> etc.
- release, as from one's grip
- part with a possession or right
- turn away from; give up
- do without or cease to hold or adhere to