- A receptacle, such as a coffer or shrine, for keeping or displaying sacred relics.
- A repository for relics, often, though not necessarily, small enough to be carried on the person. See <internalXref urlencoded="shrine">shrine</internalXref>, and cut under <internalXref urlencoded="phylacterium">phylacterium</internalXref>.
- In <em>law</em>, one who owes a balance; also, a person who pays only piecemeal.
- Of or pertaining to a reliquary.
- A depositary, often a small box or casket, in which relics are kept.
- A container to hold or display religious <xref>relics</xref>.
- An object that sustains the memory of past people or events.
- a container where religious relics are stored or displayed (especially relics of saints)