- To have as a requisite or necessity; need or depend on.
- To stipulate as obligatory by authority.
- To demand as obligatory or appropriate.
- To impose an obligation on; compel.
- To search for; seek.
- To ask for as a favor; request.
- To ask or claim, as of right and by authority; demand; insist on having; exact.
- To ask or order to do something; call on.
- To have need or necessity for; render necessary or indispensable; demand; need; want.
- <strong>=Syn. 2–4.</strong> <em>Request, Beg</em>, etc. (see <internalXref urlencoded="ask">ask</internalXref>), enjoin (upon), prescribe, direct, command.
- To demand; to insist upon having; to claim as by right and authority; to exact.
- To demand or exact as indispensable; to need.
- To ask as a favor; to request.
- have need of
- make someone do something
- consider obligatory; request and expect
- require as useful, just, or proper