- The act of requiting.
- Return, as for an injury or friendly act.
- The act of requiting, or that which requites: return for any office, good or bad.
- In a bad sense, retaliation or punishment.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> Remuneration, payment, retribution. <em>Requital</em> differs from the other nouns indicating reward in expressing most emphatically either a full reward or a sharp retaliation. In the latter sense it comes near <em>revenge</em> (which see).
- The act of requiting; also, that which requites; return, good or bad, for anything done; in a good sense, compensation; recompense; ; in a bad sense, retaliation, or punishment.
- <xref>Compensation</xref> for <xref>loss</xref> or <xref>damage</xref>; <xref>amends</xref>.
- <xref>retaliation</xref> or <xref>reprisal</xref>; <xref>vengeance</xref>.
- a justly deserved penalty
- an act of requiting; returning in kind