- To make return for (something done or felt) in a similar or appropriate fashion.
- To avenge (an insult or wrongdoing).
- To respond to (another) or do something to or for (another) in return for that person's action or emotion:
- To get revenge on (another) for wrongdoing.
- To repay (either good or evil).
- In a bad sense, to retaliate; return evil for evil for or to; punish.
- To return.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Remunerate, Recompense</em>, etc. (see <internalXref urlencoded="indemnify">indemnify</internalXref>), pay, repay, pay off.
- For counsel given unto the king is this thy just <em>requite?</em>
- To repay; in a good sense, to recompense; to return (an equivalent) in good; to reward; in a bad sense, to retaliate; to return (evil) for evil; to punish.
- To return in kind; To <xref>repay</xref>; to <xref>recompense</xref>; to <xref>reward</xref>.
- To <xref>retaliate</xref>.
- make repayment for or return something