- Any of numerous amoeboid protozoans of the former phylum Rhizopoda, such as the radiolarians, characteristically having stiff thin pseudopods containing microtubules.
- Provided with pseudopods, as an animalcule: having processes of sarcode, as if roots, by means of which the animalcule is attached or moves; root-footed; specifically, of or pertaining to the <em>Rhizopoda</em>, in any sense. Also <internalXref urlencoded="rhizopodous">rhizopodous</internalXref>.
- A member of the <em>Rhizopoda</em>, in any sense.
- In <em>botany</em>, same as <internalXref urlencoded="rhizopodium">rhizopodium</internalXref>.
- One of the Rhizopoda.
- A member of the <xref>taxonomic</xref> superclass of Rhizopoda being a type of <xref>amoeboid</xref> single cell life with <xref>pseudopods</xref> not supported by regular array of <xref>microtubules</xref>.
- protozoa characterized by a pseudopod