- A low box filled with sand for children to play in.
- A litter box, especially for a cat.
- A children's play area consisting of a box filled with <xref>sand</xref>.
- A <xref>box</xref> filled with <xref>sand</xref> that is shaped to form a <xref>mould</xref> for <xref>metal</xref> <xref>casting</xref>.
- An isolated area where a <xref>program</xref> can be <xref>executed</xref> with a restricted portion of the <xref>resources</xref> available.
- A page on a <xref>wiki</xref> where users are free to experiment without destroying or damaging any legitimate content.
- To restrict (a program, etc.) by placing it in a sandbox.
- a plaything consisting of a pile of sand or a box filled with sand for children to play in
- mold consisting of a box with sand shaped to mold metal