- Any of a family of valved brass wind instruments that resemble the bugle and have a full even tone and wide compass.
- A musical instrument of the trumpet class, invented by Adolphe Sax, a Frenchman, about 1840.
- A name given to a numerous family of brass wind instruments with valves, invented by Antoine Joseph Adolphe Sax (known as Adolphe Sax), of Belgium and Paris, and much used in military bands and in orchestras.
- Any of a group of similar <xref>brass instruments</xref>, resembling a <xref>bugle</xref> in shape, but with <xref>valves</xref>
- any of a family of brass wind instruments that resemble a bugle with valves