- A binding of multiple turns of thread or light line around a rope end to keep it from unlaying.
- The lighter line so used.
- The act of taking hold or possession.
- <em>Nautical</em>, the operation of fastening, binding, or lashing with several turns of a cord, or the fastening so made; also, the cord used for that purpose; seizing-stuff. See also cut under <internalXref urlencoded="rose-lashing">rose-lashing</internalXref>.
- The act of taking or grasping suddenly.
- The operation of fastening together or lashing.
- The cord or lashing used for such fastening.
- a type of <xref>lashing</xref> or <xref>binding</xref> by a small cord
- Present participle of <xref>seize</xref>.
- the act of gripping something firmly with the hands (or the tentacles)
- small stuff that is used for lashing two or more ropes together