- Living or able to live both on land and in the water.
- Growing in saturated soil.
- In <em>zoöl</em> and <em>botany</em>, living close to water, and sometimes entering it, but not necessarily existing by it: as, the <em>semiaquatic</em> spiders, which run over the surface of water, or dive and conceal themselves beneath it; <em>semiaquatic</em> plants, which grow between tides, or in pools that periodically become dry, etc.
- Alternative spelling of <xref>semi-aquatic</xref>.
- partially aquatic; living or growing partly on land and partly in water
- having an aquatic early or larval form and a terrestrial adult form