- A sixteenth note.
- In <em>musical notation</em>, same as <internalXref urlencoded="sixteenth-note">sixteenth-note</internalXref>.
- 2. Figuratively, something of very short duration; a very short space of time.
- To play or sing in, or as in, semiquavers.
- A note of half the duration of the quaver; -- now usually called a <altname>sixteenth note</altname>.
- a <xref>sixteenth note</xref>, drawn as a <xref>crotchet</xref> with two tails.
- a musical note having the time value of a sixteenth of a whole note