- Something that follows as a continuation, especially a literary, dramatic, or cinematic work whose narrative continues that of a preexisting work.
- A result or consequence.
- That which follows and forms a continuation; a succeeding part: as, the <em>sequel</em> of a man's adventures or history.
- Consequence; result; event.
- Consequence inferred; consequentialness.
- Succession; order.
- Those who follow or come after; descendants.
- In <em>Scots law.</em> See <internalXref urlencoded="thirlage">thirlage</internalXref>.
- That which follows; a succeeding part; continuation.
- Consequence; event; effect; result.
- Conclusion; inference.
- A <xref>narrative</xref> that is written after another narrative set in the same universe, especially a narrative that is chronologically set after its predecessors, or (perhaps improper usage) any narrative that has a preceding narrative of its own.
- a part added to a book or play that continues and extends it
- something that follows something else