- One that sequences, as.
- An electronic device or software program that can be instructed to order and modify digitally stored musical sounds for playback, as through a synthesizer.
- An apparatus for determining the order of constituents in a biological polymer, usually DNA or protein.
- Any <xref>device</xref> that <xref>activates</xref> or <xref>deactivates</xref> the <xref>components</xref> of a <xref>machine</xref> or <xref>system</xref> according to a preplanned <xref>sequence</xref> (as in a washing machine, or central heating system).
- A device or system that <xref>orders</xref> and/or <xref>modifies</xref> <xref>digitally</xref> <xref>stored</xref> <xref>music</xref> and <xref>sound</xref> for <xref>playback</xref>.
- A device for determining the sequence of <xref>monomers</xref> in a <xref>polymer</xref>, especially <xref>amino acids</xref> in <xref>protein</xref>, or <xref>bases</xref> in <xref>DNA</xref>.
- A control device to increase/decrease the capacity of plant that is enabled to act in a specific order or <xref>sequence</xref>.
- (chemistry) an apparatus that can determine the sequence of monomers in a polymer
- computer hardware that sorts data or programs into a predetermined sequence