- A small shiny ornamental disk, often sewn on cloth; a spangle.
- A gold coin of the Venetian Republic.
- To affix sequins to (a garment, for example).
- A large basket of the Californian and southwestern Indians, used for storing seeds.
- A gold coin of Venice (Italian <em>zecchino</em> or <em>zecchino d'oro</em>), first minted about 1280, and issued by the doges till the extinction of the Venetian republic. (See <internalXref urlencoded="zecchino">zecchino</internalXref>.)
- An old gold coin of Italy and Turkey. It was first struck at Venice about the end of the 13th century, and afterward in the other Italian cities, and by the Levant trade was introduced into Turkey. It is worth about 9s. 3d. sterling, or about $2.25. The different kinds vary somewhat in value.
- Any of various small gold coins minted in Italy and Turkey.
- A sparkling <xref>spangle</xref> used for the decoration of ornate clothing.
- adornment consisting of a small piece of shiny material used to decorate clothing