- A dehiscent elongated fruit, characteristic of the mustard family, having two valves that fall away leaving a central partition as the fruit dries.
- In <em>botany</em>, the long podlike fruit of the mustard family.
- An oblong or elongated seed vessel, consisting of two valves with a dissepiment between, and opening by sutures at either margin. The seeds are attached to both edges of the dissepiment, alternately upon each side of it.
- A long dry <xref>fruit</xref> (<xref>seed</xref> <xref>capsule</xref>), length more than twice the width, typical to <xref>cruciferous</xref> plants and consisting of two fused <xref>carpels</xref> that separate when ripe.
- narrow elongated seed capsule peculiar to the family Cruciferae