- A coin formerly used in Britain and worth six pennies.
- The sum of six pennies.
- An English silver coin of the value of six pence (about 12 cents); half of a shilling.
- The value of six pence, or half a shilling; a slight value: sometimes used attributively.
- In the United States, especially in New York, while the coin was in circulation, a Spanish half-real, of the value of 6¼ cents.
- An English silver coin of the value of six pennies; half a shilling, or about twelve cents.
- A former <xref>coin</xref> worth six <xref>old pence</xref>; a <xref>tanner</xref>.
- The <xref>value</xref> of six old pence.
- a small coin of the United Kingdom worth six pennies; not minted since 1970