- A climbing asparagus <em>(Asparagus asparagoides)</em> native to southern Africa, that has glossy foliage sometimes used in floral arrangements and that grows as a weed especially in Australia and New Zealand.
- A genus of liliaceous plants, type of the tribe <em>Smilaceæ.</em>
- A plant of the genus <em>Smilax.</em>
- A delicate greenhouse vine from the Cape of Good Hope, best known as <em>Myrsiphyllum aspa ragoides</em>, now classed under <em>Asparagus.</em>
- In <em>entomology</em>, a genus of coleopterous insects.
- A genus of perennial climbing plants, usually with a prickly woody stem; green brier, or cat brier. The rootstocks of certain species are the source of the medicine called sarsaparilla.
- A delicate trailing plant (<spn>Myrsiphyllum asparagoides</spn>) much used for decoration. It is a native of the Cape of Good Hope.
- Any member of the <xref>Smilax</xref> genus of <xref>greenbriers</xref>.
- sometimes placed in Smilacaceae
- fragile twining plant of South Africa with bright green flattened stems and glossy foliage popular as a floral decoration