- To expel air forcibly from the mouth and nose in an explosive, spasmodic involuntary action resulting chiefly from irritation of the nasal mucous membrane.
- An instance or the sound of sneezing.
- To treat as unimportant.
- To emit air from the nose and mouth audibly and violently by an involuntary convulsive action, as occasioned by irritation of the lining membrane of the nose or by stimulation of the retina by a brigbt light.
- To utter with or like a sneeze.
- The act of one who sneezes, or the sound made by sneezing; sudden and violent ejection of air through the nose and mouth with an audible sound.
- Snuff. Also <internalXref urlencoded="snish">snish</internalXref>.
- To emit air, chiefly through the nose, audibly and violently, by a kind of involuntary convulsive force, occasioned by irritation of the inner membrane of the nose.
- not to be despised or contemned; not to be treated lightly.
- A sudden and violent ejection of air with an audible sound, chiefly through the nose.
- To expel air as a <xref>reflex</xref> induced by an <xref>irritation</xref> in the <xref>nose</xref>.
- To expel air <xref>as if</xref> the nose were irritated.
- An act of sneezing.
- a symptom consisting of the involuntary expulsion of air from the nose
- exhale spasmodically, as when an irritant entered one's nose