- To reside temporarily.
- A temporary stay; a brief period of residence.
- To dwell for a time; dwell or live in a place as a temporary resident, or as a stranger, not considering the place as a permanent habitation.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Abide, Sojourn, Continue</em>, etc. see <internalXref urlencoded="abide">abide</internalXref>.
- A temporary stay or residence, as that of a traveler.
- A place of temporary stay or abode.
- A temporary residence, as that of a traveler in a foreign land.
- To dwell for a time; to dwell or live in a place as a temporary resident or as a stranger, not considering the place as a permanent habitation; to delay; to tarry.
- A short <xref>stay</xref> somewhere.
- A temporary <xref>residence</xref>.
- To <xref>reside</xref> somewhere <xref>temporarily</xref>, especially as a <xref>guest</xref> or <xref>lodger</xref>.
- a temporary stay (e.g., as a guest)
- spend a certain length of time; reside temporarily