- To affect by exposing to the sun's rays.
- To be overexposed. Used of photographic film.
- In <em>photography</em>, to become injured by too long exposure to the action of light.
- To affect by sunlight: modify in some way by the action of solar rays.
- In <em>photography</em>, to affect injuriously by exposing too long to light.
- To injure by too long exposure to the light of the sun in the camera; to burn.
- To become injured by undue or too long exposure to the sun's rays in the camera; -- an older term now replaced by <altname>overexpose</altname>.
- To subject to <xref>solarization</xref>.
- reverse some of the tones of (a negative or print) and introduce pronounced outlines of highlights, by exposing it briefly to light, then washing and redeveloping it
- overexpose to sunlight
- become overexposed
- expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun