- A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts when alone or unaware of the presence of other characters.
- A specific speech or piece of writing in this form.
- The act of speaking to oneself.
- A talking to one's self; a discourse or talk by a person who is alone, or which is not addressed to any one even when others are present.
- A written composition containing such a talk or discourse, or what purports to be one.
- The act of talking to one's self; a discourse made by one in solitude to one's self; monologue.
- A written composition, reciting what it is supposed a person says to himself.
- The act of a <xref>character</xref> <xref>speaking</xref> to <xref>himself</xref> so as to <xref>reveal</xref> his <xref>thoughts</xref> to the <xref>audience</xref>.
- A <xref>speech</xref> or written <xref>discourse</xref> in this form.
- To issue a soliloquy.
- a (usually long) dramatic speech intended to give the illusion of unspoken reflections
- speech you make to yourself