- To engage in a bad-tempered argument, often over a trivial matter; bicker. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> argue</strong>.
- A noisy quarrel, often about a trivial matter.
- To engage in a noisy quarrel or row; wrangle; quarrel and fight noisily; brawl; scuffle.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> To jangle. See <internalXref urlencoded="quarrel">quarrel</internalXref>, <em>n.</em>
- In <em>printing</em>, to disarrange andmix (lines of composed types) when they are standing on their feet.
- A wrangle; a dispute; a brawl; a scuffle; a noisy quarrel.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Brawl, Wrangle</em>, etc. See <internalXref urlencoded="quarrel">quarrel</internalXref>.
- To disarrange, so that the letters or lines stand awry or are mixed and need careful readjustment; -- said of type that has been set up.
- A scuffle; a wrangle; a brawl.
- To contend for superiority in an unseemly manner; to scuffle; to struggle; to wrangle; to quarrel.
- To debate peevishly; to dispute.
- A minor <xref>fight</xref> or <xref>argument</xref> as between children, for example.
- To participate in a minor fight or argument.
- a quarrel about petty points
- argue over petty things