- Having unproductive spots interspersed throughout: said of a field of turnips or corn.
- Badly woven: showing knots in the thread or irregularities in the weaving: said of a textile fabric.
- Abounding with squalls; disturbed often with sudden and violent gusts of wind: as, <em>squally</em> weather.
- Threatening; ominous: as, things began to look <em>squally.</em>
- Abounding with squalls; disturbed often with sudden and violent gusts of wind; gusty.
- Interrupted by unproductive spots; -- said of a field of turnips or grain.
- Not equally good throughout; not uniform; uneven; faulty; -- said of cloth.
- Characterized by <xref>squalls</xref>, or sudden violent bursts of wind; <xref>gusty</xref>.
- Producing or characteristic of <xref>loud</xref> <xref>wails</xref>.
- Interrupted by <xref>unproductive</xref> <xref>spots</xref>, as a field of turnips or grain.
- Not equally good throughout; not <xref>uniform</xref>; <xref>uneven</xref>; <xref>faulty</xref>.
- characterized by short periods of noisy commotion
- characterized by brief periods of violent wind or rain