- In <em>botany</em>, scaly; furnished with small appressed scales or squamæ; also, scalelike. Also <em>squamate, squamous.</em>
- In <em>zoology</em>, squamous; squamiferous or squamigerous; covered with scales; scaly; specifically, in <em>entomology</em>, covered with minute scales, as the wings of lepidopterous insects; lepidopterous; squamulate.
- Covered with, or consisting of, scales; resembling a scale; scaly
- Of or pertaining to the squamosal bone; squamosal.
- Alternative form of <xref>squamous</xref>.