- To make a noise like a flock of wild fowl flapping their wings against or through the water.
- To plunge into or through water.
- One who or that which squats.
- One who settles on new land, particularly on public land, without a title.
- Hence One who or that which assumes domiciliary rights without a title.
- One who obtains from the government a right of pasturage on moderate terms; also, any stock-owner.
- In <em>ornithology</em>, same as <internalXref urlencoded="krieker">krieker</internalXref>.
- One who squats
- See Squat snipe, under <er>Squat</er>.
- the right claimed by the squatters, or actual residents, of a Territory of the United States to make their own laws.
- One who <xref>squats</xref>, sits down idly.
- A large-scale grazier and landowner.
- someone who settles on land without right or title
- someone who settles lawfully on government land with the intent to acquire title to it