- Any of various marine cephalopod mollusks of several families of the superorder Decapodiformes (or Decabrachia), having a usually elongated body, eight arms and two tentacles, a reduced or absent internal shell, and a pair of fins.
- A kind of cuttlefish or calamary; a dibranchiate cephalopod with ten arms, especially of the family <em>Loliginidæ</em> or <em>Teuthididæ.</em>
- An artificial bait or lure of metal, ivory, etc., used in angling or trolling for fish, often simply a fish-hook on the shank of which a mass of lead is melted in cylindrical or tapering form to imitate a squid (def. 1).
- To fish with a squid or spoon-bait.
- Any one of numerous species of ten-armed cephalopods having a long, tapered body, and a caudal fin on each side; especially, any species of Loligo, Ommastrephes, and related genera. See <xref urlencoded="calamary">calamary</xref>, <xref urlencoded="decacerata">decacerata</xref>, <xref urlencoded="dibranchiata">dibranchiata</xref>.
- A fishhook with a piece of bright lead, bone, or other substance, fastened on its shank to imitate a squid.
- See under <er>Flying</er>, and <er>Giant</er>.
- the striped bass.
- A motorcyclist characterized by lack of riding gear, reckless/careless/unsafe riding, especially of sport bikers.
- Any of several <xref>carnivorous</xref> <xref>marine</xref> <xref>cephalopod</xref> <xref>mollusks</xref>, of the order <xref>Teuthida</xref>, having a <xref>mantle</xref>, eight arms, and a pair of <xref>tentacles</xref>
- A <xref>fishhook</xref> with a piece of bright <xref>lead</xref>, <xref>bone</xref>, or other substance fastened on its <xref>shank</xref> to <xref>imitate</xref> a squid.
- A <xref>sailor</xref> in the Navy.
- A <xref>quid</xref>; one <xref>pound sterling</xref>.
- (Italian cuisine) squid prepared as food
- widely distributed fast-moving ten-armed cephalopod mollusk having a long tapered body with triangular tail fins