- One that makes or keeps something stable.
- A device, such as a gyroscopically controlled fin, that prevents excessive rolling of a ship in heavy seas.
- An airfoil that stabilizes an aircraft or missile in flight.
- A substance that renders or maintains a solution, mixture, suspension, or state resistant to chemical change.
- <xref>Agent noun</xref> of <xref>stabilize</xref>; any person or thing which brings <xref>stability</xref>.
- Any substance added to something in order to <xref>stabilize</xref> it.
- A <xref>gyroscopically</xref> controlled <xref>fin</xref> or similar device that prevents the excess <xref>rolling</xref> of a <xref>ship</xref> in rough seas.
- An <xref>airfoil</xref> that stabilizes the <xref>flight</xref> of an <xref>aircraft</xref> or <xref>missile</xref>.
- A piece of <xref>backing</xref> <xref>fabric</xref> used in <xref>embroidery</xref>.
- <xref>training wheels</xref> on a child's <xref>bicycle</xref>.
- a chemical that is added to a solution or mixture or suspension to maintain it in a stable or unchanging state
- a device for making something stable
- airfoil consisting of a device for stabilizing an aircraft