- A brownish aromatic resin used in perfume and medicine and obtained from any of several trees of the genus <em>Liquidambar,</em> especially <em>L. orientalis,</em> of Turkey.
- An aromatic resin obtained from a Mediterranean species of snowbell.
- A solid resin resembling benzoin, with the fragrance of vanilla, formerly obtained from a small tree, <em>Styrax officinalis</em>, of Asia Minor and Syria.
- The tree yielding storax, or some other tree or shrub of the same genus.
- Any one of a number of similar complex resins obtained from the bark of several trees and shrubs of the Styrax family. The most common of these is <stype>liquid storax</stype>, a brown or gray semifluid substance of an agreeable aromatic odor and balsamic taste, sometimes used in perfumery, and in medicine as an expectorant.
- Any member of the <xref>genus</xref> Styrax of <xref>trees</xref> and <xref>shrubs</xref>.
- The <xref>resin</xref> of the <xref>oriental sweetgum</xref> tree (Liquidambar orientalis).
- a vanilla-scented resin from various trees of the genus Styrax