- To represent in or make conform to a particular style, especially when highly conventionalized or saliently artistic rather than naturalistic.
- To bring under the conditions of style; impress with the characteristics of style; conventionalize: in the decorative arts used to express the transformation which natural forms undergo in their adaptation to decorative motives, as in the use or the acanthus in Greek art, and the arum in Gothic.
- To represent something in a particular <xref>style</xref>
- To represent something in a <xref>conventional</xref> manner
- represent according to a conventional style