- Located beneath or below; underlying.
- Lying at a lower level but not directly beneath.
- Lying under or below: in <em>geology</em>, applied to rocks, beds, or strata, considered with reference to their position beneath other overlying formations.
- Being in a lower situation, though not necessarily directly beneath.
- In <em>algebra</em>, following below the line of the main characters: as, a <em>subjacent</em> letter, as the <em>n</em> in <em>m<sub>n</sub>.</em>
- In <em>logic</em>, the converting proposition or consequent of a conversion.
- Lying under or below.
- Being in a lower situation, though not directly beneath.
- <xref>Lying</xref> <xref>beneath</xref> or at a <xref>lower</xref> <xref>level</xref>; <xref>underlying</xref>.
- lying nearby but lower