- The act of subjecting or subduing; the act of vanquishing and bringing under the dominion of another.
- The state of being in the power or under the control or domination of another; service.
- In <em>logic</em>, the act of attaching a subject to a predicate: corresponding to <em>predication.</em>
- The act of subjecting, or of bringing under the dominion of another; the act of subduing.
- The state of being subject, or under the power, control, and government of another; a state of obedience or submissiveness.
- The act of bringing something under the <xref>control</xref> of something else.
- The state of being <xref>subjected</xref>.
- forced submission to control by others
- the act of conquering